Welcome to the Volta River Authority
The Volta River Authority (VRA) was established on April 26, 1961 under the Volta River Development Act, Act 46 of the Republic of Ghana, as a body corporate with the mandate to operate mainly as a power generation, transmission and distribution utility. In 2005, following the promulgation of a major amendment to the VRA Act in the context of the Ghana Government Power Sector Reforms, the VRA's mandate has now been largely restricted to generation of electricity. The amendment has a key function of creating the requisite environment to attract independent power producers (IPPs) onto the Ghana energy market.
Akosombo Lake Level
Friday, January 20, 2017
- Chief Executive's End of Year Message, 2016
- VRA News: October - December, 2016 Edition.
- VRA Academy Newsletter: October - December, 2016 Edition
- 2015 VRA Annual Report
- Introducing Volta Place
- Presentation by the VRA at the 5th AGI Local Content & Investment Summit on VRA's Local Content Opportunities in Generation Development.
- Public Notice - Warning against Sale/Purchase and Encroachment of Lands within the Volta Gorge Protection Zone
- Scoping Notice for Wind Power Project
- Scoping Report for Wind Power Project 1
- Scoping Report for Wind Power Project 2
- Scoping Report for 2x350MW Supercritical Coal Fired Power Plant
See more news
Visiting our Plants
Guidelines and procedures on visiting our generating plants. Click here to get started >>
Energy Conservation Tip
Unplug all the appliances that you are not using regularly - even chargers continue to use electricity when they are not charging.