Welcome to the Volta River Authority
The Volta River Authority (VRA) was established on April 26, 1961 under the Volta River Development Act, Act 46 of the Republic of Ghana, as a body corporate with the mandate to operate mainly as a power generation, transmission and distribution utility. In 2005, following the promulgation of a major amendment to the VRA Act in the context of the Ghana Government Power Sector Reforms, the VRA's mandate has now been largely restricted to generation of electricity. The amendment has a key function of creating the requisite environment to attract independent power producers (IPPs) onto the Ghana energy market.
Akosombo Lake Level
Friday, August 26, 2016
- Flood Alert: Spillage of Water from the Bagre Dam in Burkina Faso
- Scam Alert: VRA Online Job Recruitment Disclaimer
- Public Notice - Warning against Sale/Purchase and Encroachment of Lands within the Volta Gorge Protection Zone
- Tender for the Disposal of Unserviceable/Accidented Vehicles in Sunyani, Techiman, Tamale, Bolgatanga, Wa, Tema and Akosombo
- Scoping Notice for Wind Power Project
- Scoping Report for Wind Power Project 1
- Scoping Report for Wind Power Project 2
- VRA News: April - June, 2016 Edition.
- Scoping Report for 2x350MW Supercritical Coal Fired Power Plant
See more news
Visiting our Plants
Guidelines and procedures on visiting our generating plants. Click here to get started >>
Energy Conservation Tip
Do not leave appliances on standby! Remember not to leave appliances, such as TVs, stereos, computers, monitors and DVD players, on standby. Appliances like mobile phones or laptops should not be left on charge unnecessarily.